Friday, June 12, 2009

First Shoot

Sometimes I do things based on a gut feeling. That was the case with purchasing my new camera 4 months ago. I bought a Pentax. I know, I know- I'm not cool!!! I didn't go for one of the Big Boys but you know what? I LOVE this camera! From the day I opened the box, installed the batteries and memory card, I have loved it. And I continue to love it more every day, so it can't be bad, right? Well, other than it's hard to find lenses and other goodies for it locally. Thank goodness for the internet- although BEWARE of some very shysty websites out there!! I had a very scary incident happen yesterday with one of those!! Thank goodness I found some reviews of this "business" that revealed how they scam you and I cancelled my order (for a 50mm 1.4 lens I was lusting after at a price that was unbelievable) immediately, but that wasn't easy! This guy was pressuring me HARD to add something to my order (which is one of the things the reviews warned me about so I was prepared) and would not let me say "no" I ended up screaming "Cancel this order!!!" and hanging up on him!

ANYWAY.....

Back to my camera that I love.... I got it in January and could not wait for a decent day to take it downtown to shoot some of the architecture and learn how to use it. It was windy which made it rather chilly but otherwise I had a blast!




This is the front of the TransOK Building, built in 1929


The Adams-Minck Hotel built in 1928

(good stuff to work with, eh?) Well, I won't bore you with my amature photography but Tulsa has some of the greatest Art Deco elements in the world and I can't think of anything better to learn how to use a camera on. Just too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!