Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shower Cakes!

OR: Look what I can do!
(OK, the above caption is in reference to Stuart from MAD TV- just ignore this if you don't get it)

2 yrs ago I made a towel cake for a wedding shower using white bath & hand towels and washcloths:

I had no idea what I was doing, but it sure was fun!
We gave a shower for one of my nieces earlier this year who was in the hospital, totally bedridden with a high risk pregnancy. We knew that the baby would be a preemie and a girl and that preemie-sized diapers would be needed, as well as newborn.

I'd heard that diaper cakes were also popular so I thought I'd give that a try. Also fun! And not hard to make, really:

You can buy these professionally made with lots and lots of goodies on them. But, you can also make them yourself, if you are adventurous. Hey, if I can do it, you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!