Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So, there was this duck...goose.....er...?

I enjoyed a gorgeous, beautiful fall day last weekend. I was taking in all of the sites surrounding my drive through the cemetery by my house. This is where my parents (and other relatives and friends) were laid to rest. A "10" of a day for sure. Mother Nature at her finest, especially the trees....


The geese...



And the- huh? What is this?


I don't mean to be rude, but you look so....different....

What are you? A cross between a goose and a duck? ***gasp**** A Guck????

OK, OK, calm down!!

Don't get your feathers all ruffled! heh heh heh Man, some birds are SO sensitive! OK little guck, as you were. Sorry to get you so riled.


You're a cutie, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. My family has spent a good year or so wondering what this bird is...we had one on lake Lewisville (TX) like this bird, although much plumper, making them very hard to figure out. Did you ever find out exactly what this bird is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No never did find out for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!