Sunday, November 15, 2009

Drive By Shooting

A couple of friends and I are working on a project for the Historical Society. Hopefully this will turn into another educational program to take to the schools. Anyway, it involves photos of various places around town- that's where I come in. The first time out, we went downtown and walked to all of the neat buildings; it helps when you have an experienced travel agent with you who knows all the ins and outs of places. The 2nd time, we did alot of driving; or should I say, she did alot of driving. Mostly I just gawked, as I am want to do when not having to drive. The rest of the time I was jumping out of the car and snapping pictures.

But some photos I was able to snap from the car.
This is the McBirney Mansion, taken from the passenger seat, through the front window:

This was a tricky shot through the rolled-down drivers side window (thank you Karen for not minding my leaning on you!)

This one was a challenge because my friend was turning the corner (making a left) as I was snapping away:



Of course, when you can pull up right in front of a place, that makes it super easy. Wilson Middle School:


I was out Saturday, driving through downtown- it's so much easier to do this when there isn't any traffic. I pulled over and got Boston Avenue Methodist Church:


Well that's all for now. Hope you have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. What's BAMC, Nancy ... for those of us not familiar with Tulsa lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! I never think anyone reads this. It is corrected- Boston Avenue Methodist Church. One of the most wonderful Art Deco buildings in the country.

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!