Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gone To The Dogs

I just returned from visiting my son and daughter-in-law in Kentucky. Whew, what a trip! It was fun and went by way too fast. I got to see their cute new house and also meet their cute, new dogs. Well, new to them. They rescued Hobbs and Marquise from the local shelter. They came together. Marquise "raised" Hobbs and is therefore the alpha dog of the two.
This is Hobbs- he is a South African Mastiff that weighs 175 lbs. He is 2 yrs old:

He's a BIG baby! He loves Bryan soooooo much that he cries if Bryan goes outside without him. This is him laying by the garage door, crying:

And this is sweet, sweet Marquise. She is an American Staffordshire Terrier. Also known as a Pit Bull. And I have never met a nicer more gentle dog before. Look at this face!


She is just a sweetheart. On Saturday we took the both of them back to the shelter to visit the people there who took care of them for 4 months. The workers were overjoyed to see them! I guess many people don't bring their adopted pets back for visits. I rode in the back of the Explorer with the dogs.
These guys were hard to adopt out. Hobbs because of his size and Marquise because of her breed. I'm glad my kids found and rescued them. They are great dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!