Monday, June 7, 2010

The Kitchen Remodel Begins!

Awhile back (not quite a year ago) I posted about my dream kitchen here.  And now, my dream is coming true! And this, my friends, is yet more proof that when you visualize something it will happen!  Same thing can be said when I "saw" our sun-room addition to the house a few years ago.  I saw the room and I saw the new patio and layout.  Within a year, it was a reality.  

I've had to learn  and practice patience quite a bit this year.  Waiting on grandson (who was 10 days late!) and waiting for the contractor (my Ikea Man) to get to my kitchen (he's bombarded with kitchens to do).  As I posted before, my kitchen was delivered several weeks ago.

In the meantime, I went out and chose my backsplash tile (beveled subway ceramic) and the mosaic tiles to go in there as well.   Also picked out my flooring.  I couldn't find a laminate/tile that I liked and ended up going with a 16x16 vinyl tile that, when grouted, is very realistic looking.

So, without further ado, here is the before pictures of my teeny, tiny 1968 kitchen:


And here it is Day One after only 7 hours of demolition:


To say that I'm excited is an understatement.  Next up: Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!