Wednesday, July 14, 2010

THE BIG REVEAL!!

Although there is still some blue tape around and a few light switch covers missing, ceiling hasn't been painted nor has the crown molding been put up, I can't stand not sharing this beautiful Ikea kitchen with you!!  Sorry about the yellow tint in some of the pictures, I'm too tired to edit them.
Click on photos to enlarge:


I gained about 2 extra feet lengthwise and lots more storage-wise!


I love my cute little table and chairs (from Ikea of course) - table extends on both ends.



Love the results of the beveled subway tile and the little line of mosaics.


This sink and faucet are probably The BEST deals you can find at Ikea.  The cost for them is 1/3 what you would pay elsewhere for the same product.  And see that little black button on the right?  That turns on the disposal (and shuts off after 20 seconds)!  


My microwave and oven also serve as mirrors!  Honestly, I thought I chose black but I love these even more!  And of course, the fridge is awesome.



Tomorrow I'll try to post some more photos of the cool features of my new kitchen.

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!!! Enjoy it!!! Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It...is...FAB-U-LOUS! I can't wait to see it in person sometime! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I just read all of your kitchen posts, and I'm TOTALLY INSPIRED! How long did it take you to plan all of this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The planning part didn't take long. Dave (contractor) made the suggestion of moving the oven(s) to the other end and that just opened the whole kitchen up. Picking out the cabinet style and appliances was easy- Ikea makes all of that super easy to do (online). For ideas (and more inspiration) take a trip to the nearest Ikea store in Frisco, TX which is north of Dallas. Be prepared to spend HOURS in it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks sooo good!!!!!! So happy for you, you deserve it. The granite looks good ;)
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!