Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March-ing Right Along....

I can't believe spring has sprung on us already!  Keeping myself busy has really helped me get through the dreaded Tax Season (which, you would think after 32 yrs I would be used to).  So here's what has been keeping my attention these days:

First of all, I do believe I have this sourdough bread baking business down to an art.  A darn good art, at that!  I have a great starter and I bake bread whenever I can.  Honestly, I think I have OD'd my neighbors on bread for now.  



Next was my Growth Chart project to send for Cade's birthday.  I cannot believe it, but that little guy is walking!  He took his first steps before he was even 11 months old, little stinker!  I could not find a pattern anywhere for making one of these, so I had to make it up as I went along.  I looked at lots of images online that were out there, believe me.  So, here is what I came up with:



I loved the jungle/safari themed material- so bright and colorful!  And since I had quite a bit left over, I decided to make a quilted blanket for him too.  I have always said he was a little monkey, the way he would use his feet and toes.  So, this is the front/top:


And then I put this on the back:

After finishing these and getting the box off to KY (along with other toys, clothes and books for him) I started planting seeds for the container garden I'm going to have this year.  I have yellow squash, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers, 3 different kinds of tomatoes, broccoli, romaine lettuce, seed lettuce and morning glories (not for containers).  I will be sharing many of these plants with others.  Hope everyone has a great, allergy-free (ha ha) spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!