Thursday, December 15, 2011

Owls

I'm not sure what's gotten into me lately, but after making a Christmas stocking for my g-niece, I got interested in making owls, of all things.  I found quite a few patterns online that I downloaded, then enlarged.  I had lots and lots of wool felt quarter-pieces stashed away that I bought probably 7+ years ago when a local Wal Mart store closed/moved.  And so I began experimenting with different pieces to see what I could come up with.  
I was so silly and thought I would have time to work on these when I went to visit my (18 mo old) grandson last month- ha!  I never even got them out of my suitcase.  But, since my return, I have found myself looking forward to working on these guys after my chores are done and I'm ready to sit down in the evening.  Television gets worse and worse as the holidays approach- series end or go on hiatus.  There's almost nothing really good on until January.  These give me something to work on while I half-listen/watch what is on.  
The only thing I went out and purchased was some more floss.  I found a variety pack at JoAnn's that was less than $5.00 and had a lot of colors to work with.


My husband asked me last night what I was going to do with these and I told him I'm not sure, yet.  I may sell them in my booth or give them away as gifts.  I then promptly began cutting out what I refer to as Version II of these owls.  They are "waiting in the wings" to be assembled.


2 comments:

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!