Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shortbread Cookie Pans

Shortbread Cookies- yum.  Delicate, delicious and divine.  What an easy recipe, too.  Butter, sugar, flour and vanilla.  I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe for a batch as well as one from King Arthur's website.  Both were very tasty.  There are several ways to bake these, one of them being in a Shortbread Pan.  I was so intrigued by these that I had to have one.  
Or two.  That's what happens when you shop online at Amazon: choices.  These are both Cast Iron Aluminum pans made by Nordic Ware.  I have no idea why one is silver/gray and the other is dark.


The batch from KAF were what I used in the Snowflake Pan, but it took some searching long and hard to find just the right apparatus for pushing this dough into the pan.  Pastry rollers seem to be a thing of the past but not fondant rollers!  I found mine in the Wilton Cake section.  When you place the plastic wrap on top, this thing works like a charm.  


Voila!

These pans are so pretty and the packaging on them suggest using them for other things, such as cakes, cookies and biscuits- I thought: why not?  And so I tried an experiment and bought these "snack size" mixes:

The cookie mix worked just fine, using the plastic wrap and roller.  They tasted OK- well, like cookie mix cookies.  I suppose if you iced these, you could see the designs on them better.


And the brownies-

...came out pretty.


I think I will try making cornbread in one of these as well as biscuits.  Should be fun!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!