Friday, February 24, 2012

Felt Menagerie

The owl and pussycat now have company.  I made the gray kitty for a friend of mine who recently lost one of her cats.  I personalized it by embroidering the cat's name onto a heart (which is the same color and shape as the tag he wore).  My friend's birthday was coming up and I thought this would make a nice little present for her (and give me more practice making these).  After finishing that project I began to work on the puppy dog pattern (from weefolkart.com) and realized that it looked just like this same friend's dog!   I added his tag and presented them both to her this week.  I think she liked them.

This got me to thinking about creating one of these that would replicate my dogs which are of the Shih Tzu variety and have mask faces (as do other breeds).  It took me a while to figure out how to do the ears but eventually I prevailed and voila, another dog.  

1 comment:

  1. So...I see my cute, new friends are famous! Also, I love the Shih Tzu you created. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!