Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bathroom Update

Sorry I haven't been posting any new updates here but I figured everyone would get tired of looking at construction worker's tools- it seemed that's all that showed up in the pictures I took.  Anyway, the room is basically done......BUT...... they (Home Depot) sent me the wrong shower doors (boo hiss) and I really want to wait until they are in to show this bathroom in all of it's glory.

I will, however, show you the coolest shower floor ever.  This is made by a company out of Claremore, OK called Marble Elegance.  You get to pick out your colors from a number of choices they have and it is made with the shower pan included in it.  Hard to explain but it's really cool.  Since my bathroom vanity and cabinets (Ikea) are a dark brownish-black, I went with what is mostly called "rubbed bronze" accents- like the faucets, fixtures, towel holders (I even had them put in a toilet handle that matched!).  With that in mind, I got really brave and ordered a shower floor that was also black with brown flecks in it.  Knowing that my shower tile was going to be white, this was kind of risky and scary, but I'm glad I did it.  When you see the finished room (I'll show it soon I promise!) you will see why.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name if you are anonymous- thanks!